An intriguing idea stolen from Cor...

....Reveal seven idiosyncrasies to the world. Since I am opting out of my diet for the day, I thought it might be fun. We'll get to that in a minute.

First, an update. The surgery went well, and I returned to the world of the living after anesthesia with surprising ease. I am extremely sore, and have been warned tomorrow will be worse, but am otherwise awake, able to carry on conversations, even type. All this while having 12mg of morphine as soon as I woke up, and one Tylenol 3 a few minutes ago. God bless modern medicine and it's creation of pain medication I can function on. Though, I have always wondered what it would be like to be given laudanum....

This morning, I was forced to step on the scale at the hospital. 214 lbs. My scale at home read 220lbs last night. The doctor's scale clocked in at 222.5lbs Tuesday afternoon. I think I need a new analog or digital scale with re-zero feature. My current digital was very, very cheap, and I suspect it has gone a bit wonky. It's approximately 6 years old, and has survived 5 moves. That has to do something to the sensors inside. The nurse at the doctor's office assured me the scale was often incorrect, as it is quite old and has also been moved several times. For right now, I'm going with the hospital unit, as it is most likely the newest. The fact it is also the the lowest weight has nothing to with it. Nothing at all.

And now, the moment you've been waiting for since the beginning of the post-

7 Idiosyncrasies meme:

  1. When eating small candies such as Skittles or M&Ms, I must eat an even number at a time, in order to have the same amount on each side of my mouth. TicTacs drive me insane, because they always contain an odd number of candies. I'm not so obsessive as to throw the last out, but I will switch it back and forth in my mouth an even number of times.
  2. I do Kegel exercises constantly while sitting or standing still, and while lying in bed, trying to sleep. As a child, I had a severe bed wetting problem (it runs in the family, and poor G has also been afflicted), so a doctor explained what they were, and advised me to do them as often as possible. I got in the habit, and now cannot stop.
  3. I cannot have a completely organized living environment. It's impossible for me to find anything when everything is in it's place. I have to be able to just pick up what I want when I want it, and set it down when and where I want. Otherwise, I am lost.
  4. I am the complete opposite at work. I have to have a place for everything. It may not be a conventional approach to organization, but it works for me. When I deviate from my pattern, it completely throws me off, and I am usually forced (by myself) to spend days returning things to order.
  5. I am slightly socially retarded, and sometimes have trouble thinking on my feet, so at night, as I'm going to sleep, I practice responses to situations I come up with in my head.
  6. If I have to shut down my web browser, I end the process through the task manager in order to be able to restore my currents tabs. If they were the same all the time, I would just set them up to be my home pages. But, they fluctuate often, and I can't be bothered to remember what they are.
  7. I can taste red peppers in anything, no matter how small of an amount. I hate red peppers. And I voice my distaste loudly if a restaurant does not list peppers as a part of an entree. As a result, I avoid crab cakes and anything Cajun or Creole.

Time for more pain medicine and chocolate covered peanuts (yes, I'm taking this break from being good very, very seriously). Have a lovely Thursday night!

3 comments:

Anonymous

April 19, 2008 at 10:52 AM

*muah*

stjones

April 19, 2008 at 8:55 PM

In Firefox, go to Tools | Options ... Main tab > Startup | When Firefox starts: Select "Show my windows and tabs from the last time". No more Task Manager.

Cor

April 22, 2008 at 12:01 PM

Hahaha perrrfect. I like your 7 quirks! I'm thinking about doing a second installment on my blog soon. I am totally with you on the whole socially retarded thing. Sometimes (when I'm a little nervous, especially) I will start talking and just...can't...stop. And my mind will be DESPERATELY trying to apply the emergency break, screaming, "Shut up! SHUT UPPPP, YOU IDIOT!!!" But I just can't stop the verbal diarrhea and keeeeeeeep on going until I have officially weirded out or offended everyone. And then, of course, at night in bed I think about all of the other ways I could have handled it in a witty way or, on the flip side, how I could have really gone for the gold and been an even bigger ass. That part usually ends with me giggling.