Beware the long, explanitory post....

The Republican Lincoln Day Dinner last night was fairly pleasant, if a little boring. We ate dinner with the Chairman of the Howard County Republican Party, and the Indiana Attorney General. It would seem Mr. Chairman has some grand plans for J, and referred to him all night long as the future of the Republican party. I'm snickering even now, because when I met J, I would never have guessed he'd be the darling of the elephants. He's tattooed and a feminist, not your traditional straight-laced conservative business man one usually associates with the (particularly local) political scene.

Unfortunately, the preparations, and post dinner pain in my feet from wearing heels prevented me from doing any yoga. By the time I felt I had regained enough energy to try, my sis and a friend came by to borrow movies, and ended up staying for an hour and a half. We chatted movies, tv, comics, D&D, and politics before I finally kicked them out in order to go to bed. It was worth missing the yoga to just hang out for a bit.

Intake/Output:

Breakfast: Cereal w/milk

Snack: Protien water, Bliss Bar, Orange Light yogurt (strange texture due to orange zest in the yogurt. Not likely to buy it again).

Lunch: Chik Pattie on whole wheat bread w/small amount of mayo, large handful of baby carrots

Snack: 2 Devil's Food cookies

Dinner: Salad w/ approx 3 tsp dressing, 1 chicken breast with artichokes, mushrooms, and tomatoes, sauteed green beans, and 1 half serving risotto.

Desert: Angel food cake with mixed berry compote and 1/2 whipped cream provided (which was not much).

Water: Again, lots. At least 4 bottles, possibly more.

Other Beverages: 1 small Serendipity coke, 1 Strawberry Melon Fuze Slenderize.

All in all, not a bad day. The dinner was surprisingly healthy, and while desert contained quite a few calories, it was fairly low in fat. Plus, vitamins and antioxidants from the berries. Okay, I suck and cracked and ate the whole thing. But it was tasty. And worth it.



I mentioned my impending surgery a couple days ago, and for those who are not my family, or don't read my LJ, here's the scoop: I am having a relatively small procedure to remove abnormal cells from my cervix. This is normally not a big deal, but because I had quite a bit of pain with the initial biopsy, both during the ripping out of tissue, and for a couple days after, the doctor is going to put be under (thank god). While I've been told this procedure is less traumatic than the horror that is the biopsy, I'm not expecting to be able to do much of anything for a couple days, so blogging will likely be light. I'll attempt to continue with my diet, but it will depend on how able I am to get up and move around. Thankfully, the doctor has assured me he will prescribe pain medicine post op, so hopefully I won't be down long.

I've decided to not try to exercise today, for the simple fact I'm going to be miserable enough tomorrow, and I don't want to add sore abs and hips into that equation. I expect to be able to do at least the relaxation session on my DVD by Sunday.

I'll be back tonight, to tell you all of my amazing ability to curl up in a little ball in the face of pressure due to my procrastination get a week's worth of things done in one night.

2 comments:

Cor

April 16, 2008 at 11:00 PM

Ah. Thanks for the update and good luck at your surgery! Happy, healthy cervix! That's the name of the game!

Cor

April 17, 2008 at 4:59 PM

I loved your bit about the M&Ms and TicTacs. I can identify with that. I'm so glad other people have weird habits too!

As for where I'm living, I'm in Evansville now. It's...well, it's ok. :) (It's funny how Indiana sucks us back in.) Give me a call if you ever find yourself in the area and we'll catch up. Woo woo!