Good news for the day: NO CANCER! Pathology reports came back this afternoon, and the scary lump the doc removed Thursday, was not, in fact, cancerous. w00t!

Now, back to our regularly scheduled blog....

Sometimes, I do really stupid things. Not life threatening stupid (well, not often), but bimbo stupid. When I was in middle school, I had a silk shirt I loved. It was tan, soft, smooth and buttery, and still in fashion. Sitting at the dinner table, I went to shake up the Italian dressing, unaware the cap was not on tightly. I splattered the entire front of the shirt with vinegar and oil. Needless to say, the shirt was ruined.

There have been other bottle incidents:

The Lexan Water Bottle Incident: It was a nice bottle, with a tricky lid that did not always seal. I threw it in my purse after work, and realized halfway home it had leaked into my extremely waterproof leather purse, drowning my cell phone. The bottle was thrown out, and new phone purchased immediately.

The Coke Incident: Leaving my grandmother's to return to Kokomo, I took a swig of Coke and threw it in my purse. Not 10 minutes into the trip, I realized the Coke had leaked and filled the bottom of my brand new Nine West bag, which was surprisingly waterproof for not being leather. This time my phone and MP3 player were affected. The phone lasted a couple more months, the MP3 player turned on long enough for me to retrieve it's library.

You would think, by this point, I would have learned my lesson. I'm very careful to make sure everything is secure before it goes in my bag. Today, however, I decided to mix up a packet of Protein Water in the spiffy new Lexan bottle my father gave me. I filled it, made sure it was screwed on tightly, and proceeded to throw water all over my desk as I shook it up. Yep, I forgot to make sure the spout was sealed. No one was in the office to hear the cursing as I ran for paper towels. Luckily, this stuff contains no sugar, so it doesn't get sticky as it dries.

Look! New system. Fancy, eh?

Food

Cal.

Fat

Carbs

Protein

Cereal

110

0

25

3

Milk

50

1.25

12

8

Banana

105

0

27

1

Bliss Bar

90

2

17

1

Protein Water

30

0

6

5

Salad

335

15

26

21

Cookie Dough (4)

480

24

64

4

Chicken

160

7

10

27

Asparagus

20

0

4

0

Bread

120

1

24

4

Yogurt

100

0

19

5

Strawberries

25

0

6

0

1625

50.25

240

79


The Everything Salad consisted of 1.5oz. spinach, 1/3 cup defrosted green peas, 1/2 cup chickpeas, 1.5oz. tuna, 1.5 tbsp Caesar dressing, and a sprinkle of romano cheese. It was seriously good, and seriously filling. It had great nutritional value, and was an appropriate size for lunch, in my opinion. I found a food scale on clearance at Kroger last week for $3.50, and decided it was worth the little extra money. It's very handy for making sure I've portioned out my food properly, and I've already used it several times. It comes with a container for holding the food to be measured, and everything fits inside it. Brilliant. I had to guess on the chicken, as it was cooked and given to me by my parents. I took the base for the amount of chicken I had, and added fat and carbs for the breading and oil it was sauted in.

If only I had been able to resist the lure of the cookie dough. I'll be picking up a bulk size package of TicTacs during my weekly shopping trip, as a way to get my sugar fix, without throwing my whole diet out of whack. One thing I will not be purchasing this week is any Lunchables. I'm working so hard to make sure I'm eating food that is not only good for me, but fairly natural as well, I feel like I should be passing that on to my son. Instead, I'll pick up lean lunchmeat and real cheese, along with fresh veggies for munchies. G already has a serious thing for GoGurt and granola, so hopefully the transition will not be too difficult on him. We'll save the Lunchables for car trips and special occasions.

0 comments: