Day 2

Today went markedly better than yesterday. However, my wonderful but evil fiance came home last night with an entire box of frozen chocolate chip cookie dough, in convenient cookie size chunks. A co-worker's child was selling goodies for some fundraiser, and several weeks ago, J agreed to buy one. It was long before I decided to change my diet and try to lose this extra weight.

It proved to be impossible for me to ignore the sweet temptation of such an available treat. I did manage to restrain myself and have only one. I've chosen not to look at the nutritional information, and continue to live in bliss. Thankfully, J has agreed to let me gift it (minus one cookie chunk) to my parents or friends, just to get it out of the house and away from my greedy little gullet.

Onward to the stats!

New color: Green is for neither good nor bad, just okay.

Intake/Output:

Breakfast: Honey and peanut butter toast (not great, but it packs some protein and the added natural energy honey provides), Kroger Mixed Berry Light Yogurt.

Midday Snack: Kroger Mixed Berry Light Yogurt (all I had left at work), Special K Protein Water ( I love this stuff).

Lunch: Chik Pattie on white with approx. 1/2 tbsp mayo, 16 colored goldfish, 1 chunk cookie dough.

Afternoon Snack: 2 Snackwell's Devil's Food Cookies. Similar nutritional content to a 100 calorie pack, and far more satisfying.

Dinner: 1 thin cut pork chop, 1/4 cup couscous with fresh parsley and shallots, large baby spinach salad (2 cups?) with 1 tbsp Caesar dressing, (Caesar is terrible for me, but I kept my intake to half a serving, and turned down another half pork chop in exchange), Boston Cream Pie Yoplait Light.

Cokes: 1, and I didn't even finish it!

Water: 3 bottles, 16.9 oz. Not my goal, but far better than yesterday.

Exercise: 3 trips around the grocery store, picking up the bedroom. Unfortunately, the weather was so icky, it wasn't possible to work on my parents garden, or even go for a walk. And my Windsor Pilate's DVD's are M.I.A. The search is on, and hopefully I can start doing that soon.


One huge victory over my lack of self control to report. I took a bottle of coke to work with me. After thinking about, I decided to drink water instead, and treat myself to a Serendipity coke after work. I did, and I didn't even make it through the whole thing. I'm finding drinking water really is helping to control my hunger. I feel fuller longer. It also helps I've upped my protein intake, and Protein Water is a huge help in that department. A yogurt and that water, and I'm good for several hours.


A couple people have looked at me really strangely when I tell them what I'm doing. The thing is, it's really easy to fudge the facts when I am only accountable to myself. Doing this in such a public manner, I feel completely obligated to be completely truthful. It's forcing me to take a more in depth look at my daily activities and eating habits, and will hopefully help me change those things. So, thank you to those who have voiced your support. I appreciate it immensely.


*edit* I've attempted to add an RSS feed link. Please let me know if this works. I have no idea what I'm doing here :)

4 comments:

antipop21

April 11, 2008 at 8:59 AM

On the topic of workout videos, I've got a couple you can have! I think they're the 8 minute type.

stjones

April 11, 2008 at 11:16 AM

WRT the RSS feed, blogger gave you a feed link at the bottom of the page (Subscribe to: Posts (Atom)". The link is an URL that can be copied (right-click) and pasted into a reader. I pasted into Yahoo's "add content by URL" screen yesterday and used it to subscribe in Thunderbird today. Works fine.

Cor

April 11, 2008 at 10:58 PM

I meant to tell you the other day...last semester a friend came to me and said, "Will you do Weight Watchers with me? Just lazy style...doing it on our own from a book I stole from my mom." Anyway, we started the points program together, and while it was hard to adjust to over the first few days, it worked! I lost 30 pounds in less than 3 months and have kept it off since then (just been a little lazy about continuing on with it since my friend and I live apart now). It could be worth looking in to if you find yourself struggling later on! :)

aliasmisskat

April 11, 2008 at 11:05 PM

I thought about it. I can't afford to go to the meetings, and quite frankly, it takes too much time to figure out the point value of stuff I cook. It all boils down to laziness. :) If this whole just trying to watch what I eat, moderation and all that doesn't produce results, then I'll consider it again.