Can I get some painkillers? An asprin?

Really, the pain is quite incredible.
~Wesley, BTVS

Good god I am sore from last night's martial arts adventure. I not only got 7 (SEVEN!) new kicks, a couple new strikes, and time with Si Fu on my new escrima sticks, I got a new, advanced Chin Na* move. My hips and legs are a little tired from the use of new muscles for harder and more dangerous kicks, but what really makes me want to lay in bed on a heating pad all day hurts is my back. I can only assume it is angry at me for picking up three men, average of 200lbs apiece, and throwing them down. In order to do this**, the opponent is behind me, holding me in a bear hug. I rap his hands with my knuckles repeatedly in order to make him let go. I slip to the left, rack him, slip to the right (my left hip now lines up with his right), throw my right arm around the back of his waist, grab his right arm with my left hand, bend over, and do the twist. The opponent lands on the ground on his back. It's quite a lot of fun to do, but it certainly works muscles that don't normally get worked, even when lifting weights.

No movement on the scale to report, but given that I've been under the weather most of the week, I'm okay with that. I have dinner with mother tonight, and I will take my packed gym bag with me, so I can head straight there after. Assuming my back doesn't completely give out by the end of the night, that is.


*Chin Na means to "trap and lock", and is a method of controlling an opponent's ability to move/fight/defend, similar to Jujitsu.

**DO NOT try this at home.

1 comments:

stjones

September 19, 2008 at 10:21 AM

My daughter the ninja. Sigh....