I crashed and burned. I totally got off track from the diet, quit even trying to work out, and gave up updating. I let my self get distracted by a myriad of other projects and things to focus on, and let my commitment go by the wayside.

But, by god, I am back.

Kung Fu yesterday re-energized me. It's been a year and a half since I last held horse stance for an hour and a half, so going back was not easy. It hurt then, and it hurts now. But it is so much fun. I love the fact that, not too long from now, not only will I be more toned, but more capable of defending myself, at least in some situations.

In order to get where I want to be in Kung Fu, I will have to do more cardio and at least some weight training. A key component of belt tests are sit-ups and push-up, so I will have to work on my upper body strength and get my abs back.

I'm in the process of trying to convince my mother to diet with me. I think it would be beneficial to both of us.

More tomorrow!

1 comments:

clutchthepurls

June 9, 2008 at 9:24 PM

I'm so glad you're back!

It sucks that you slipped for a bit, but good for you being able to admit it.

I got Stephen to start working out with me about a week ago... we'll see how that works out for us.